Cozy, yummy, EASY, chicken soup
- 1 whole chicken or 4lbs chicken bones
- 1 large container mirepoix
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 large zucchini
- ½ lemon or ½ cup white wine (both optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8-12 cups of water
- Submerge chicken in water, add lemon/white wine in soup pot and boil.
- Skim off foam from top in the first 10 minutes of boiling.
- Lower heat to a bare simmer and cook an additional 3-4 hours.
- About 1 hour before serving, add vegetables (sliced zucchini, sweet potato can be added whole) and container of mirepoix.
- Salt and pepper to taste before serving
For plain stock: strain vegetables and chicken out. Can also use for matzah ball soup.
Other recipes you might like