Get the most out of your cast iron
- 1.5-2 lb Bone in rib-eye
- 2 Zucchini, cut in thin half moons
- 3 large Mushrooms, sliced
- Nd Southwest Chili
- Take your cast-iron pan and put it on medium heat with a tablespoon of oil inside. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- While your pan is heating up, should take 2-6 minutes to get it to an even, hot temperature, take your ribeye and salt it on all sides and rub in Nerdy Dad Southwest Chili. A thicker steak will need more salt.
- Wash cut and try all your veg
- With your hot pan, sear each side of your steak for 3 minutes and then remove from pan
- If needed, add more oil to your pan and add your veggies. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Return ribeye to the pan on top of your veggies and place in the oven for 12-16 min for medium-rare and 16-20 minutes for medium-well
- Get out your steak knifes and enjoy!
You can really use any vegetables you have in your house! This recipe is also great with cauliflower and peppers!
Add a starch to the meal by sauteing diced potatoes in the pan for 5 minutes before pushing them too the side and searing the steak. Keep them cooking with the rest of the veggies.
Other recipes you might like