An easy, cozy meal awaits
- 4 cups of water or chicken stock
- 2 links of andouille sausage or any sausage you like
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts, cubed
- Nd Cajun Trinity
- Nd French Herb Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons of neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons of flour or 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- In a dutch oven or large pot, heat up your oil and flour or cornstarch on low-medium heat to make your roux. Whisk them together until you reach a caramel color-- 5-20 minutes*
- Slice and add your sausage and chicken
- Add your stock, cajun trinity (and any other veg from your fridge you'd like) and a tablespoon of French Herb Sea Salt
- Add your stock or water and simmer for 25 minutes uncovered. Add more liquid as you see fit.
* yes, that is a big time range. The longer you let your roux do it's thing, the deeper in flavor it will be. It will also thin out as it cooks. Making a 5-min roux is sometimes the way life works, your gumbo will still taste fabulous.
If you want more of a soup rather than a stew just add more stock and season or a second container of cajun trinity!
Serve with long-grain rice and with crusty bread
Other recipes you might like